PTO Dollars at Work
What does the PTO do with the money raised?
The net proceeds earned from concessions, membership dues, after prom donations, directory advertising, spirit wear, and yard sign sales fund the many activities in the PTO's budget. These include:
- Hospitality (dances, academics, and athletics) $1,000
- After prom $10,000
- Prom site contribution $4,000
- Senior picnic (at the Main Event) and senior recognition $2,800
- Staff appreciation $4,000
- T-shirts for all students on first day of school $11,000
- Back to school staff lunch $1,200
- Tiger Mentor shirts $1,200
- Scholarships $5,000
- Relay for Life $1,000
- Bottle Filler Water Fountains (Commons & 200 Hall)
- Plus designated funds of $30,000 to support academics, athletics and the arts.
Any funds leftover from these budgeted activities are allocated to a "Designated Fund". Each year, taking into account the school's budget that they have to work with, Scott Bacon and Matt Ortman direct how these PTO designated funds are allocated among athletics, academics, performing arts, visual arts, and various other programs that enhance the learning environment at BVHS.
If you have any questions regarding the reports contact our Treasurer, Shauna Bajich.